Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Niagara Falls



The Thurley Family Patriarch, my dad, Norman Thurley. He's cool. Odd, but cool. Earlier this week he started talking to the cute waitress at the restaurant where we were having a late breakfast. He was almost flirting with her, and I was embarrassed. And then I realized what he was doing. He was asking her questions that related to things I was doing, in such a way that I had to pipe in and respond to her answers. My dad was trying to set me up with a waitress. What a guy!



The Niagara River, running from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario



The Tomb of General Brock, commander of the British Forces who went up against the American commander General Stephan Van Renssellaer at the Battle of Queenston Heights on October 13, 1812. The defeat of the Americans proved to be key in defending the invasion of Upper Canada by the Americans, preventing Canada from becoming a State of the Union.



The American Falls, Niagara Falls, NY







Horseshoe Falls, The Canadian Falls, Niagara Falls, ON

1 Comments:

Blogger Top-Rated Tourist Attractions said...

I often visit Niagara Falls, but I never get tired of coming back I've been there a few times, but I always miss it and want to visit again
49 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Canada - Niagara Falls

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home